One thing that defines the quality of our lives is our health habits. Needless to say, people who have bad habits such as smoking, drinking too much alcohol, eating poorly, depriving sleep, and the like, are more prone to getting diseases. While all of us know that bad habits can destroy our health, we find it hard to stop them. Nevertheless, controlling and stopping bad habits is still possible. Ideally the best way to do so is by replacing them with good habits.
Here are some health habits you should adopt for a quality life:
1. Drink plenty of water. Our body needs to be hydrated. Health experts believe that drinking two liters of water a day can help prevent health problems such as kidney stones, dry skin, and poor digestion. Also, it helps remove toxins out of our system. Check the colour of your urine to find out if you are getting enough water.
2. Sleep sufficiently. People who don’t have enough sleep have higher risks of getting fatal health problems such as diabetes and heart attack. Lack of sleep also makes us feel dizzy and unable to grasp details fully. Sleeping 7-8 hours every night is important. Make a consistent sleeping schedule.
3. Avoid fatty foods. Many people are “sinners” on this one. After all, hamburgers, hotdogs, deep-fried potatoes and chicken, and other oily foods from fast food restaurants may be hard to resist. However, these tasty foods take its toll on your body. High levels of sodium, added fats, and preservatives can cause obesity, which may result to serious cardiovascular conditions. Make your own cooked meals instead. You would be able to control the ingredients healthily that way.
4. Have a balanced diet. Some people avoid eating the veggies and prefer only fish and meat. However, meaty foods, although they are rich in protein, cannot give all the nutrients your body needs. A balanced amount of meat, fruits, and vegetables is necessary for a healthy diet.
5. Have an active lifestyle. Study shows that people who lead an active life have less risks of getting cardiovascular diseases than those who are sedentary. Being active also improves respiratory health and immune system. It can even boosts brain function and helps relieve depression.
6. Wash your hands. Parents don’t lie when they say that washing your hands can prevent you from catching disease. It is true. Handwashing beats down germs and stops them from spreading. To wash your hands effectively, lather them in soap and water, then gently rub all the surfaces including between your fingers and under your nails.
7. Take a brisk walk. Studies show that striding for about 20-30 minutes a day is good for your health. It can improve your respiratory and cardiovascular health, and helps relieve stress, anxiety, and depression. Gaining these health benefits are worth the sweat.
These are just some of the many health habits you may follow. It would be great if they become a part of your habit list. After all, habits are not easy to stop.
You May Also Like
- Guinot Facials for Lifting by Best Facials Singapore
- Guinot Facials for Lifting by Best Facials Singapore
- Guinot Facials for Dehydrated Skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Beautiful with Soul by Best Facials Singapore
- ‘Why use make up remover even if you don’t use make up?’ by Best Facials Singapore
- ‘How to reduce open pores?’ by Best Facials Singapore
- ‘What Cleanser Should I Use?’ by Best Facials Singapore
- Collagen best for firming skin by Best Facials Singapore
- How to reduce Dark Eye Circles? by Best Facials Singapore
- Why exfoliate? by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Mask? by Best Facials Singapore
- Do husbands need a skincare routine? by Best Facials Singapore
- Do you sun-protect your child? by Best Facials Singapore
- Vitamin A Best for Regeneration by Best Facials Singapore
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By