One thing that defines the quality of our lives is our health habits. Needless to say, people who have bad habits such as smoking, drinking too much alcohol, eating poorly, depriving sleep, and the like, are more prone to getting diseases. While all of us know that bad habits can destroy our health, we find it hard to stop them. Nevertheless, controlling and stopping bad habits is still possible. Ideally the best way to do so is by replacing them with good habits.
Here are some health habits you should adopt for a quality life:
1. Drink plenty of water. Our body needs to be hydrated. Health experts believe that drinking two liters of water a day can help prevent health problems such as kidney stones, dry skin, and poor digestion. Also, it helps remove toxins out of our system. Check the colour of your urine to find out if you are getting enough water.
2. Sleep sufficiently. People who don’t have enough sleep have higher risks of getting fatal health problems such as diabetes and heart attack. Lack of sleep also makes us feel dizzy and unable to grasp details fully. Sleeping 7-8 hours every night is important. Make a consistent sleeping schedule.
3. Avoid fatty foods. Many people are “sinners” on this one. After all, hamburgers, hotdogs, deep-fried potatoes and chicken, and other oily foods from fast food restaurants may be hard to resist. However, these tasty foods take its toll on your body. High levels of sodium, added fats, and preservatives can cause obesity, which may result to serious cardiovascular conditions. Make your own cooked meals instead. You would be able to control the ingredients healthily that way.
4. Have a balanced diet. Some people avoid eating the veggies and prefer only fish and meat. However, meaty foods, although they are rich in protein, cannot give all the nutrients your body needs. A balanced amount of meat, fruits, and vegetables is necessary for a healthy diet.
5. Have an active lifestyle. Study shows that people who lead an active life have less risks of getting cardiovascular diseases than those who are sedentary. Being active also improves respiratory health and immune system. It can even boosts brain function and helps relieve depression.
6. Wash your hands. Parents don’t lie when they say that washing your hands can prevent you from catching disease. It is true. Handwashing beats down germs and stops them from spreading. To wash your hands effectively, lather them in soap and water, then gently rub all the surfaces including between your fingers and under your nails.
7. Take a brisk walk. Studies show that striding for about 20-30 minutes a day is good for your health. It can improve your respiratory and cardiovascular health, and helps relieve stress, anxiety, and depression. Gaining these health benefits are worth the sweat.
These are just some of the many health habits you may follow. It would be great if they become a part of your habit list. After all, habits are not easy to stop.
You May Also Like
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing
- How to Have Beautiful Skin When You Live in Tropical Countries
- 7 Health Habits You Should Adopt Now
- 5 Reasons Why Juice Cleansing Is Good For Your Body
- Common Misconceptions About Carbohydrates
- A Day in the Life of Your Skin
- How To Keep Your Teeth Stain-free
- The Healing Powers Of Meditation
- Guilt-Free Recipes
- Art Therapy, How It Helps You
- Home Remedies For Tired-Look Face
- A Generous Heart Brings Out The Best In You
- Health Benefits of Drinking Tea
- Tricks to Have a Better Sleep
- Daily Routines For Healthy Glowing Skin
- Easy Exercises To Stay in Shape
- DIY Mason Jar Salads, A Stylish Way To Healthy Skin
- Celebrate Chinese New Year, Guilt-Free and Fat-Free
- Prep Your Skin For A Romantic Dinner
- Beauty Trends To Watch This Year
- Wellness Trends To Help You Be At Your Best
- Holistic Beauty For 2015