‘Why Toner?” by Best Facials Singapore
Many of our clients often ask us “Why do I have to use a toner? It is difficult to make time to cleanse and moisturize, where would I find time to use a toner?”
In a hot and humid country like Singapore, many of us have congestion especially around the T-zone which sometimes develop into blemishes. Whilst congestion may not be such a big problem compared to pigmentation or wrinkles, it is the MAIN reason why women decided not to apply skincare altogether.
Women tend to be emotional when plagued with pimples. We often turn fanatic and use overly-harsh cleansers to get rid of our ‘oil’. Some even scrub daily.
This further escalates the problem as the skin becomes dehydrated. This phenomenon triggers the sebum gland to create more oil to compensate for the dehydrated condition.
Yes. Though toner is such a simple product, it has an important role to play.
Toner on wet cotton applied on cleansed face helps to ‘double cleanse’ the face. Making sure the pores are rid of any trace elements of the cleansers, make up residual ensuring it is ready for serum and cream. It also helps to shrink the pores and hence the sebum gland tends to produce less oil to the skin surface area. A balanced-face is now ready to receive the healing ingredients from serum and cream.
Next, let’s address another popular question about toner.
‘Should I use a toner with alcohol?’
There are 3 types of toners.
1) Lotion : Most suitable for dehydrated skin
These are the mildest form of toners, they contain water and a humectant such as glycerine and very little if any alcohol (0-10%). Humectants help to keep the moisture in the epidermal layer by preventing it from evaporating. A popular example is rosewater.
2) Tonics: Normal to combination skin
These are slightly stronger and contain a small quantity of alcohol ( up to 20%), water and humectant ingredient.
3) Astringents : Oily skin
These are the strongest form of toner and contain high proportion of alcohol (20%-60%) with antiseptic ingredients, water and humectant.
An extra tip to stretch your dollar with the toner you bought. After applying the toner on your face, use the same cotton to wipe your decollete area and arms. This will help to reduce the tan on your arms.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this series of blogs from Best Facial and Spa East Coast Singapore ~ Angels Dream Spa. Blemish-free skin is just a spa away.
You May Also Like
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing