What skincare to pack for holidays? by Best Facial Singapore
It is year-end again! Whilst many of you are trying to complete the last few projects for the year, many are winding down and planning for family trips to climate countries.
For many of us, who stay in Singapore with year round warm and humid weather, acclimatizing our skin to cold and dry skin takes a little preparation.
Here are a few handy tips you may find helpful.
1. Cleanser : Try Cleansing Oil. Otherwise keep to cleansing milk.
For my clients who are in their twenties, in Singapore, they generally use cleansing gel for their daily use. For them, I recommend to bring along either a cleansing oil or cleansing milk as their skin will tend to feel more dehydrated. Those who are already using cleansing milk can continue to use cleansing milk to cleanse.
Just a reminder for cleansing oil user, always remember to spread the cleansing oil evenly on the skin before emulsifying it with a dab of water. When you see the oil has turned from translucent to white, you can rinse it off. As it doubles up as a make up remover, it is indeed a convenient cleanser to pack for holidays. Our favorite is Maria Galland Cleansing Oil 67.
Take note to wipe off cleanser well with a cotton pad or wet face tissue.
2. Toner: Don’t skip this step as your skin might still breakout
It is so tempting to skip toner but it is not advisable. A non-alcohol hydrating toner used with a cotton pad can help to double cleanse the skin from dust, pollution and especially makeup and sunscreen.
3. Serum : Hyaluronic Acid Serum for day and Face oil for night
Hyaluronic acid, a super-emollient is the best bet in any form ~ mist spray, serum, eye cream and face cream. Hyaluronic acid is not an acid but a simple sugar disaccaride which helps to retain 1000 times its weight in water content. In mist form, it helps to set your make up whilst giving it an amazing hydrating plumped up look. Especially convenient to counter the dry cabin air and not to mention the cold breeze whilst you are outdoor moving around during your trip. Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
A possible new addition to your night skincare routine could be an appropriate face oil.
Firstly, do ensure the face oil is for face application. A good face oil is one that has macadamia nut oil, jojoba oil or sunflower seed oil as the base oil as they tend to dry off within minutes without leaving any sticky feeling on the face. Hence, they are termed ‘dry oil’. DIY oil using inappropriate oil eg., coconut oil, sesame seed oil etc will cause clogged pores, congestion which eventually lead to pimples and acne.
Most re-known skincare companies will include active ingredients into these base oil (rose hip, lavender,geranium. neroli, bergamot) for the appropriate anti-aging, anti-sensitive, anti-blemish, brightening purposes. You may like to read more about facial oil Total Indulgence with Maria Galland Facial Oil by Best Facials Singapore
4. Moisturizer : A thicker cream works
As Singapore is extremely humid, we often recommend our younger clients to consider a lighter day cream in the form of fluid and a slighly thicker night cream. Those below 30, could consider carrying just 1 cream (the night cream) for day and night application.
For those who wish to ensure their skin continue to be plumped up without any sign of fine lines, we recommend trying classic creams for night eg., Maria Galland No.5 Rejuvenating Cream as it is a butter texture. Amazing option for anyone above 35 travelling to colder countries. Even in Singapore, it works esp. those who sleep in air-conditioned rooms…Read more on Why we love Maria Galland No.5 Cream by Best Facials Singapore
5. Sunscreen : SPF 30 or SPF 50 works
Do not be deceived by the cool weather and overcast sky, UV rays are present. The new in thing is one that is slightly tinted to give the coverage to even-out skin tone.
Anyone travelling longer than a week, it would be good to bring along an exfoliant and a hydrating mask along. This would definitely help to keep your skin clear and allow you to capture those beautiful insta-worthy shots as great memories to bring home.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this series of blogs from Best Facial and Spa East Coast Singapore ~ Angels Dream Spa.
You May Also Like
- Circuit Breaker can be good for skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Forget about Niacinamide by Best Facials Singapore
- Should oily skin use cream? by Best Facials Singapore
- Sensitive skincare by Best Facials Singapore
- Quick Fix for Dull Skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Perspective by Best Facials Singapore
- Facial yoga for lifted apple cheeks by Best Facials Singapore
- 3 Frivolous Ways To Cheer Up by Best Facials Singapore
- How To Be Happy By Yourself by Best Facials Singapore
- 5 beauty tips while working from home
- Fun ideas in the open air by Best Facials Singapore
- How to handle adult pimples at home by Best Facials Singapore
- How we kept well during SARS by Best Facials Singapore
- Can I do a good facial at home? by Best Facials Singapore
- Guinot Pigment Lightening Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Best frownlines fix by Best Facial Singapore
- Best Anti-Sensitive Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Maria Galland Anti-Acne Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Guinot Anti-Acne Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Babor Anti-Acne Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- 10 mins quick fix before landing by Best Facial Singapore
- Best Anti-Clogged Pores Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- 5 tips to keep skin hydrated in airplane by Best Facial Singapore
- What skincare to pack for holidays? by Best Facial Singapore
- Best Acne Facial by Best Facials Singapore
- Why and how to deal with Adult Acne by Best Facials Singapore
- Beauty sleep heals acne, blemishes, clogged pores
- Meditation good for acne/blemished/clogged pores
- Best care for acne-prone skin by Best Facials Singpoare
- Reduce Stress Reverse Aging by Best Facials Singapore
- Skincare ingredients you need to know by Best Facials Singapore
- Best care for acne skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Sugar is harmful to the skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Healthy liver, healthy skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Hormones and Skin health by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial and skincare for teens by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial for sensitive skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial for acne by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Maria Galland
- Total Indulgence with Maria Galland Facial Oil by Best Facials Singapore
- An avocado a day keeps the aesthetic doctor away by Best Facials Singapore
- Do you find the apple beautiful? by Best Facials Singapore
- Guinot Pure Balance Cream is 1 Cream every teenager need by Best Facials Singapore
- Facial Treatment Near Me for Sensitive Skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Why we love Maria Galland No. 5 Cream by Best Facials Singapore
- Why is my face always not balanced? by Best Facials Singapore
- Facial oil helps prevent pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- ‘What every young person should know’ by Best Facials Singapore
- Why spend on facials if you can have quick fix with laser, botox or filler?