Why exfoliate? by Best Facials Singapore
A common question asked “Do I need to exfoliate my skin?” if yes, how often and what do you need to take note of.
Weekly or bi-weekly exfoliation (what most refer to as scrub or peel) is a good practice as it helps to remove the dead skin cells from the surface and is now prepared for penetration of serum, essence or ampoules as skincare tonic.
According to Dr. Lancer, a well- respected celebrity dermatologist, APPROPRIATE EXFOLIATION is the key to radiant, healthy and translucent skin. He accentuated that if exfoliation is done properly, the efficacy of serums and creams will be highly increased.
Here is the breakdown of the types of exfoliants:
Granular Exfoliant : The most common type of physical exfoliant is granular scrub. They contain kernel-like nut shells, fruit pits, ground coffee, flaxseed, sunflower seed or sugar. Whilst this exfoliant may feel rough, it is actually suitable for sensitive skin as it only acts on the superficial layer.
Chemical Exfoliant : This type of exfoliant helps to dissolve the ‘glue’ that hold the skin cells together. The most common types of chemical exfoliant contains glycolic acid or lactic acid or salicylic acid . This type of exfoliant can be strong as the pH can be lowered to 1-3.
Enzymatic Exfoliant : This type of exfoliant helps to breakdown the proteins. The dull and rough outer skin contains Keratin protein.
There are 3 types of common ingredients including Bromelain (pineapple), Papain (papaya)and Pumpkin enzyme.
Enzymes are so popular now that it gets incorporated into cleansers for daily use. This is one of the best products created especially for oily skin which tends to get blemishes.
An important note to remember is not to exfoliate more than twice a month. It is important to follow through with a mask to shrink the pores and to prevent whitehead, blackhead and pimples. Always rotate masks of different kinds: hydrating, purifying, firming just o name a few. If budget permitting, it would be good to have radiance and brightening mask on days you wish to show off your good skin further. In fact, simply putting a mask on is a form of exfoliant (without the need to scrub prior to the mask).
You May Also Like
- Collagen best for firming skin by Best Facials Singapore
- How to reduce Dark Eye Circles? by Best Facials Singapore
- Why exfoliate? by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Mask? by Best Facials Singapore
- Do husbands need a skincare routine? by Best Facials Singapore
- Do you sun-protect your child? by Best Facials Singapore
- Vitamin A Best for Regeneration by Best Facials Singapore
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips