Vitamin C enriched skincare best for Pigmentation by Best Facials in Singapore
Vitamin C is my Skin Superfoods.
Vitamin C skincare directly helps whiten skin by inhibiting the production of an enzyme called tyrosinase which lessens production of melanin pigment.
This helpful vitamin also helps boosts the production of another important antioxidant, namely Glutathione which helps to change the metabolic pathway of melanin from synthesizing dark pigmented melanin (eumelanin) to creating light-pigmented melanin (phaemelanin).
As a result, new pigments can’t be formed and existing pigments lightens.
Besides eating food rich in Vitamin C, avoiding the sun, it is recommended to use Vitamin C serum and cream appropriately. To avoid the side effects likes dryness and sensitive skin, here are some tips on how to use Vitamin C on the skin.
1. Use 2 weeks of Vitamin C serum in a month
2. Use Vitamin C only at night as it is photosensitive
3. Keep skin hydrated with emolient like Hyaluronic Acid Serum in the day. Read more on Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore.
4. Keep skin oil balanced with cream enriched with good quality essential oil at night
Before starting Vitamin C as part of your skincare routine, it is important to be committed to a good skincare routine to avoid drying out the skin as dehydrated (lack of water) and dry (lack of oil) skin tends to show fine lines and gets pigmented.
It is important to adhere to the Rule of Thumb skincare routine of Hydrating in the day and Oil rich products at night to achieve water-oil balanced skin. Also, whether Vitamin C is incorporated as part of serum or cream, it is important the product is applied thinly in the order of Cleanser, Toner, Serum followed by Cream.
Vitamin C is a potent ingredient. It has to be used with care and alternating this super skincare with Vitamin A as a corrective serum for pigmentation and anti-aging will yield good results.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this series of blogs from Best Facial and Spa East Coast Singapore ~ Angels Dream Spa.
You May Also Like
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing