Yoga is a form of spiritual discipline to achieve peace of mind and holistic wellbeing. There are different forms of yoga to achieve this. However, another form of yoga, which has been becoming popular in the West, is practiced to achieve physical, mental, and emotional energy. It is called hatha yoga, a form based on physical postures and control.
These physical postures vary in steps, but relatively follows the same inhale-exhale rhythm. There are so many poses to be practiced. Some of them are as follows:
Yoga Knees to Chest Pose: Lie down with your knees bent. Lift your knees to your chest. Hold your legs using your arms and rock gently. Hold your posture for about 3-5 breaths.
Yoga Bridge Pose: Lie down with your knees bent and feet flat. Lift your hips. Keep your legs parallel to hip width. Interlace your fingers behind your back and pull your shoulder blades together. Hold your posture for 3-5 breaths.
Half Lord of the Fishes Pose: Sit with legs extended. Bend your right knee and cross it over your left, placing tour right foot flat. Twist towards your right leg and place your hand on the floor behind your back. Place your left elbow on the outside of your right knee. Make a full twist using your core and elbow while keeping your spine extended. Hold pose for 3-5 breaths. Repeat on the other side.
Child’s Pose: Kneel on the floor with your knees about hip width apart. Lower your chest on your thighs. Lower your head to extend the back of your neck. Open your legs a little until you gain a more comfortable position. Allow your sacrum to relax. To come out of the pose, straighten your spine and, lifting from the lower spine, raise your torso. Hold pose for 3-5 breaths.
These are just some of the many poses you can practice.
You May Also Like
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing