We often hear the advice to get at least 8 hours of sleep to get better and healthier skin. It is the time needed for our cells to relax, regenerate and get that radiant glow. But due to our busy lifestyle, that kind of sleep is an elusive luxury. We are already lucky to get at least 5 or 6 hours of sleep every night.
Lack of sleep for several days will definitely show. Especially for women, telltale signs include dry and dull-looking skin, puffy and dark circles around the eyes. You were told to load up with concealer but it will only make your skin look tired and heavy.
If you need a quick fix, here are 5 hassle-free home remedies you can use to relieve tiredness from your face.
1. Peppermint soap bath
Boil peppermint leaves in water to make a tea. Let it cool or you can put ice cubes to cool it faster. Wash your face with your favorite facial cleanser. To rinse, use the cold peppermint tea. After rinsing, give your face a good bath by soaking it on the basin of peppermint tea. The cooling power of peppermint will give your face an instant refreshment and rejuvenation.
2. Rose water
If your work and lifestyle makes it impossible to get the recommended sleep, you need rose water around you often. There are rose water available in the market or you can make your own. Steep rose petals in hot water. Do not boil. The hydrosol element present in rose petals is the secret ingredient. Allow it to cool and store it in spray bottles. Keep it in your refrigerator. Spritz rose water every morning to wake your skin. Then bring it along with you so you can hydrate your skin anytime. It will keep your skin moisturized.
3. Avocado mask
Mash avocado in lukewarm water and apply mask on the face. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off with cold water. Avocado contains very rich and extremely nutrient oil that is easily absorbed by the skin. It is rich in vitamins A, D and E and minerals, as well as lecithin, proteins, beta-carotene and a large number of fatty acids. Avocado’s oil is also high in sterolins, which reduce age spots and sun damage signs, and help soften and moisturize skin. In conclusion, avocado has great emolliating, hydrating and rejuvenating properties.
4. Cucumber mask
Puree one small cucumber in blender, then add tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Stir until mixture is thick and pasty. Apply to clean, dry face and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Cucumber has high-water content which helps in skin hydration. The water is packed with minerals like potassium and vitamin C which helps in cell regeneration.
5. Aloe vera moisturizer
Gather 3-4 leaves of aloe vera and scoop the gel off the leaves. Cool it overnight. Do not freeze. In the morning, wash your face and tone it. Use the aloe vera gel as moisturizer. Leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Aloe Vera is an excellent moisturizer that maintains skin soft and luminous. It relieves puffiness and nourishes skin cells with important nutrients such as vitamins E and C. It is also helpful in removing dead skin cells and preventing age signs.
You May Also Like
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing
- How to Have Beautiful Skin When You Live in Tropical Countries
- 7 Health Habits You Should Adopt Now
- 5 Reasons Why Juice Cleansing Is Good For Your Body
- Common Misconceptions About Carbohydrates
- A Day in the Life of Your Skin
- How To Keep Your Teeth Stain-free
- The Healing Powers Of Meditation
- Guilt-Free Recipes
- Art Therapy, How It Helps You
- Home Remedies For Tired-Look Face
- A Generous Heart Brings Out The Best In You
- Health Benefits of Drinking Tea
- Tricks to Have a Better Sleep
- Daily Routines For Healthy Glowing Skin
- Easy Exercises To Stay in Shape
- DIY Mason Jar Salads, A Stylish Way To Healthy Skin
- Celebrate Chinese New Year, Guilt-Free and Fat-Free
- Prep Your Skin For A Romantic Dinner
- Beauty Trends To Watch This Year
- Wellness Trends To Help You Be At Your Best
- Holistic Beauty For 2015