“No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
Botox – a purified derivative of Botulimum Toxin A, made from a bacterium, some termed it as a deadly poison.
What are the side effects of Botox?
Few years back, we would not have known the long term side effects of Botox. Reason: Then, we only met few BOTOX frequent users in person as it was not common for general public to access to plastic surgeons. Hence, this substance was limited to celebrities and socialites.
Fast forward a few years, now with many General Practitioners turned Aesthetic Doctors, many women can access to such treatments at a fraction of the price compared to before.
In the past year, we observed many BOTOX users who found themselves having difficulty in smiling or expressing themselves to say the least. More seriously, we found them in a downward spiral as their ‘non-Botox” facial muscle loses its ability to support itself whist ‘Botox muscles’ stiffen. Resulting in continuous aesthetic treatment. Many in fact suffers from symptoms including droopy eyelids and crooked smile just to name a few.
Our conclusion: Do not start aesthetic treatment but consider a more natural way to maintaining your skincare routine. The 3 pillars of Angels Dream Spa, home to the best facials in Singapore includes
* Daily skincare routine
* Facial yoga and mindfulness facial massage
* Monthly maintenance facial
We have tried a few skincare and here are our suggestions if you wish to erase fine-lines with the appropriate skincare. Dr Babor and Filorga, 2 trusted brands with more than 50 years of experience have created anti-wrinkle and lifting skincare for our anti-aging concerns. Minus the side effects.
Here are our top picks:
Dr Babor BTX-Lift Serum (Active Ingredient: Botox-like plant based peptide)
Well, you must be thinking we are a fickle-minded bunch. On one hand, we don’t think it is healthy to have injectible Botox made of Botulin. And now, we are suggesting to try a Botox-like plant based serum.
Reason: This plant based serum is made of peptide which helps reduce appearance of fine lines, crow’s feet, laughter line and lines around the neck area. It also has Hyaluronic Acid which provides long lasting moisturizing effects as Hyaluronic Acid hold 1000 times in weight in water. This super emolient plumps up the skin cells and furhter smoothens our lines.
Filorga Re-Time (Active Ingredient: Vitamin A)
We tried and we loved it. We used it and we loved it even more.
Vitamin A, as we all know is the rockstar of skincare but it is also notorious for causing sensitivity. The Filorga Re-Time serum gives us all the benefits of Vitamin A aka Retinol. It helps to promote healthy skin regeneration, smoothen lines, reduce pigmentation. All resulting in youthful looking skin.
Filorga Skin perfusion range is infused with Hyaluronic Acid and NCTF, a cocktail of 56 amino acids as special ingredients.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this series of blogs from Best Facial and Spa East Coast Singapore ~ Angels Dream Spa. Read more on Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore and Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore.
You May Also Like
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing