Before modern and conventional medicine was practiced, people relied on the healing powers of massage and touch therapy. Today, this is under the category of homeopathic treatments, alternative medicine or natural healthcare.
To add value to the healing properties of natural therapies, the use of essential oil is incorporated. Known as aromatherapy, essential oils are used for medicinal purposes and help alleviate certain health concerns.
Essential or aromatherapy oils are natural oils extracted from various parts of a plant. One of the process to extract these oils is through steam distillation. Plants are exposed to steam to breakdown cells that contain the essential oil. The steam and oil are separated in a cooling chamber to collect the oil.
There are various kinds of natural oil available today. But here are the five aromatherapy oils that you should keep at home.
1. Tea tree oil.
This essential oil is extracted from the tea plant. It is widely used medicinal oil because of its antiseptic properties. If you have problems with oily skin, dry and itchy scalp, applying tea tree oil to the affected area can provide healing benefits. Terpinen, a content of the oil, is used for minor wounds. It can clean the wound without the usual sting associated with antiseptics.
2. Eucalyptus oil.
Eucalyptus oil has a clean and light aroma that will help clear your airways. If you are suffering from a bad cold, mix eucalyptus oil in a hot water. It is an instant, natural inhaler that will surely provide you with relief. It is a natural antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory. Try adding a bit of this oil when you take a bath and feel extra refreshed and relaxed.
3. Lavender oil.
With its fresh floral scent, lavender oil is definitely a calming one. If you are feeling stressed, a drop of lavender oil can be rubbed in your temples, forehead and neck area. It can alleviate the tight muscles and provide a calming effect. If you are doing yoga at home, the smell of lavender oil can make your practice more relaxing.
4. Lemon oil.
The fresh scent of lemon oil will provide you the needed rejuvenation. If you feel tired, the smell of fresh lemons can perk you up.
5. Peppermint oil.
Menthol, the main component of peppermint oil, is essential in in arousing your mental sharpness but it can be used to relieve congestion, headaches, migraines, digestive problems, and soothe achy muscles.
You May Also Like
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing
- How to Have Beautiful Skin When You Live in Tropical Countries
- 7 Health Habits You Should Adopt Now
- 5 Reasons Why Juice Cleansing Is Good For Your Body
- Common Misconceptions About Carbohydrates
- A Day in the Life of Your Skin
- How To Keep Your Teeth Stain-free
- The Healing Powers Of Meditation
- Guilt-Free Recipes
- Art Therapy, How It Helps You
- Home Remedies For Tired-Look Face