Food is one of life’s greatest gifts. Some want it fancy and stylish, while others enjoy simple dishes. However, there is one thing we want to achieve when we eat, good health. So here are guilt-free recipes you can enjoy anytime, anywhere.
1. Banana+Eggs+ Peanut Butter
This food combination makes a great pancake alternative. If you love pancakes every morning, try out this recipe and lessen your calorie and carb intake. Instead of using flour, whip together 2-3 bananas, an egg and 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Bananas are great source of energy, eggs provide protein and peanut butter gives the needed carbohydrate to start your day.
2. Blend dates with your shake.
If you cannot live without a smoothie or blended beverage, use dates instead of sugar for sweetener. If you are planning to make a fruit smoothie, throw in 4-5 pieces of dates. This replaces the amount of sugar you need.
3. Yogurt makes good spread.
Instead of using mayo or sour cream for spreads and salad dressings, switch to yogurt. It has that same sweet and tangy taste minus the calories. While you’re at it, try the Greek yogurt which is richer in microorganisms to help your digestive system. Replace the usual amount of mayo or sour cream with half a cup of yogurt. If you want more, feel free to add and indulge.
4. Zucchini sticks for snacks
Zucchini sticks make for great alternative to French fries. Season your zucchini sticks with salt and pepper and bake it for a few minutes. Create a wonderful dip using yogurt or avocado to give it a twist. If you are eating it alone, 1-2 pieces of zucchini will do. If you are with a group, use about 8-10 pieces to create a hefty snack bowl.
5. Oatmeal crust instead of breadcrumbs
Crazy for baked chicken? Instead of using bread crumbs, combine oatmeal, paprika, cumin, pepper and garlic powder in resealable bag. Dip chicken in milk and coat with the mixture. Place in a 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish drizzled with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50 minutes.
6. Frozen grapes nibblers
If you are craving for candies, clean half a kilo of grapes and put it on your freezer. When the craving starts, nibble on a frozen grape to curb that sweet tooth.
7. Creamy soup with potatoes
Instead on relying with cream to make thick and creamy soups, add more potatoes and mash it to give that added texture to your favorite soup. Potatoes blends easily with the base of your soup and will not alter the taste.
8. Lettuce leaf vs. Taco shells
Craving for that Mexican deli? Try using fresh lettuce leaves instead of taco shells. You get that same crunch minus the flour and salt.
9. Tofu+chocolate = pudding
Everyone loves chocolate pudding. It is a great dip for veggie and fruit sticks. To make it healthier, use silken tofu with organic chocolate to create a delicious and nutritious pudding.
Eating healthy is just a matter of choosing a better alternative to the traditional food we were used to. Make smart eating more fun by trying out these creative recipes.
You May Also Like
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing
- How to Have Beautiful Skin When You Live in Tropical Countries
- 7 Health Habits You Should Adopt Now
- 5 Reasons Why Juice Cleansing Is Good For Your Body
- Common Misconceptions About Carbohydrates
- A Day in the Life of Your Skin
- How To Keep Your Teeth Stain-free
- The Healing Powers Of Meditation
- Guilt-Free Recipes
- Art Therapy, How It Helps You
- Home Remedies For Tired-Look Face