“How to prevent pigments?’ by Best Facials Singapore
What causes pigmentation and how do we treat them with simple yet effective skincare and facial?
In Singapore, we are especially susceptible to over exposure to the sun especially from outdoor games including golf, tennis, swimming and sea sports.
Let’s start with understanding how skin reacts with sun exposure.
Our skin is made of 3 main layers: Epidermis, Dermis and Hypodermis.
At the base of epidermis, melanocytes resembling star shaped cells are interspersed amongst keratinocytes.
When UV rays trigger the formation of melanin in the melanocytes, it gets transported as melanosomes through its dendrites to the keratinocytes (near to the skin surface) to protect our DNA from being destroyed by the sun.
How do we prevent or treat pigmentation?
- Avoid direct sun between 10am to 6pm
- Use sun protection daily
- Wear caps, hats, masks, long suites (for golfers, sea sports lovers, tennis players)
- If you use laser treatment, please avoid sun exposure for at least 1 month
- Do not start any laser or chemical peel treatment, unless there is a proper program on how to manage the skin with proper care. Here are some skincare tips for post-laser treatment.
- Use Hyaluronic Acid serum in the day and appropriate essential oil at night to balance water and oil content. Once the skin is balanced, hyperpigmentation due to hormonal changes can be avoided.
Many ladies do not use enough skin care and hence skin is very dehydrated. This cause the skin to over-react with hyper-pigmentation. Read more on How to have beautiful skin when you live in tropical countries.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this series of blogs from Best Facial and Spa East Coast Singapore ~ Angels Dream Spa.
You May Also Like
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing
- How to Have Beautiful Skin When You Live in Tropical Countries
- 7 Health Habits You Should Adopt Now
- 5 Reasons Why Juice Cleansing Is Good For Your Body
- Common Misconceptions About Carbohydrates
- A Day in the Life of Your Skin
- How To Keep Your Teeth Stain-free
- The Healing Powers Of Meditation
- Guilt-Free Recipes
- Art Therapy, How It Helps You
- Home Remedies For Tired-Look Face