Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials in Singapore.
If you have dull, dehydrated yet oily inside skin, you are part of the 70% of Singapore residents’s skin profile. Silently suffering from congested skin which never seem to glow no matter how much cream you slap on?
What is Hyaluronic Acid? And its Benefits…
Is Hyaluronic Acid an acid? No. It is not an acid. It is a sugar molecule. It will not cause sensitivity.
Hyaluronic Acid is a glycosaminoglycan, which is a polysaccharide. It is a sugar molecule with the ability to hold up to 1000 times its weight in water. Essentially, you can imagine it to be like a sponge that absorbs and retains water. Its superpower hydrating and anti-aging abilities help to plump up fine lines and keep the skin looking luminous-glow (almost dewy) as the skin is superhydrated.
Hyaluronic Acid is naturally occuring in our connective tissue throughout our bodies, with 50% found in our skin. Hence, most of us take on well with this ingredient (with little complain on sensitivity). However, do take note that we should always apply our serum and cream evenly and thinly over our face, neck and decollete area. After a couple of days, we can then increase the volume and even frequency of the application
Injectible Hyaluronic Acid is generally made of bacteria or cock comb (yes, you read correctly) stabilized in the laboratory to work more effectively. In recent years, serums and creams containing 0.05% to 1% is found in almost all skincare brands from Korean to European skincare. This bandwagon is so popular that this rock star ingredient has morphed into all forms and fashions from spray mist to make up .
When should I apply Hyaluronic Acid? And How?
When is the best time to apply Hyaluronic Acid? Morning. Definitely Morning.
Those who are Angels Dream Spa fans know that our Rule of Thumb for skincare routine is balancing of water and oil content. As Singapore is warm and humid during the day, it would be good to hydrate the skin in the day. At night, we suggest to use more regenerative or anti-aging serums like Vitamin A, E or C coupled with thicker cream rich in collagen and peptide. All regarded as Skin Superfoods
Hydrating in the Day. Firming in the Evening.
Water-retaining product in the Day. Oil-replenishing product in the Night.
The daily skincare routine of Hyaluronic Acid is part of the Serum. The order of application is Cleanse, Tone, Serum, Cream and Sunblock. It will be the 3rd step.
In the next article as part of the 3 blogs in the series of Skincare for Great Skin, we will explore 2 other rockstars of skincare: Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this series of blogs from Best Facial and Spa East Coast Singapore ~ Angels Dream Spa. For treatments to help solve dehydrated skin, you may want to find out more in Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated Skin.
You May Also Like
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing