The skin needs fluid to keep itself from drying. Naturally the sweat glands and the underlying tissues provide moisture and oil to the outer layer of the skin. However, skin problems such as dry skin occurs when the amount of moisture highly decreases.
Most factors that take away moisture into the skin are inevitable such as genetics, aging, and cold climate, which make everyone occasionally suffer from dry skin. When there is not enough moisture in the skin’s top layer, the skin becomes flaky and itchy. Worst, it can even become rough, cracked, and scaly.
While you can’t totally keep yourself away from the inevitable factors, you still have the countermeasures to fight moisture loss. Here are some home remedies you can do during dry-skin days:
1. Use moisturizers. After bathing, apply moisturizer on your skin while you are still damp. Dry yourself carefully by patting your wet skin using a soft towel so that the applied moisturizer wouldn’t be scrubbed off by the towel. Also apply moisturizer before retiring to bed.
2. Take sponge baths. Overwashing with soap and water can harm your skin’s outer layer and takes away moisture from your skin which worsen the condition. Sponge bath relieves excessive sweating but still retains the natural moisture of our skin.
3. Exfoliate at least twice a week. Dry skin cells do not look good on the surface. Exfoliation can help us to remove these and allow our skin to regenerate.
4. Use natural and organic products. These products contain minerals and moisturizers that can give your skin an instant rejuvenation. Check out Angels Dream Spa products and find one that is suitable for you daily need.
5. Drink water and fresh juices daily. Water replenishes the lost fluids in our body due to perspiration. Fresh juices are rich in vitamins that will make your skin look refreshed.
Although many things can dry out your skin, the health of your skin is still generally in your hands. During dry-skin days, it is important that you know how to keep your skin moisturized.
You May Also Like
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing
- How to Have Beautiful Skin When You Live in Tropical Countries
- 7 Health Habits You Should Adopt Now
- 5 Reasons Why Juice Cleansing Is Good For Your Body
- Common Misconceptions About Carbohydrates
- A Day in the Life of Your Skin
- How To Keep Your Teeth Stain-free
- The Healing Powers Of Meditation
- Guilt-Free Recipes
- Art Therapy, How It Helps You
- Home Remedies For Tired-Look Face
- A Generous Heart Brings Out The Best In You
- Health Benefits of Drinking Tea
- Tricks to Have a Better Sleep
- Daily Routines For Healthy Glowing Skin
- Easy Exercises To Stay in Shape
- DIY Mason Jar Salads, A Stylish Way To Healthy Skin
- Celebrate Chinese New Year, Guilt-Free and Fat-Free
- Prep Your Skin For A Romantic Dinner
- Beauty Trends To Watch This Year
- Wellness Trends To Help You Be At Your Best
- Holistic Beauty For 2015