Research shows that beauty sleep is real. By having a good quality sleep, you can rejuvenate your skin. It can also prevent skin sags, fine lines, and development of dark spots. However, some people, especially those who have insomnia, may find it hard to have a sound eight-hour sleep.
Here are five ways you can follow to sleep easier and better:
1. Establish a relaxing bedtime ritual. Do something that will make your mind at ease, and keep that routine every night. You may read books until you fall asleep, or do something that bores you. However, avoid using electronic device that emanates light. For some people, a particular light that comes from the screen of the device works to the brain which makes the user more troubled in finding ways to sleep.
2. Personalize your sleeping environment. This includes choosing comfortable mattress and pillows. If you have allergies, choose sleeping materials that are free from allergens. You may also use ear plugs if you are sensitive to noise. It is also advisable to avoid using bright lights. Establish your own sleeping conditions and see if they work for you. Make some adjustments if necessary.
3. Take a few deep breaths before sleeping. This may work like a sort of breathing exercise in meditation. Taking a few deep breaths before sleeping can help you clear your mind and prepare yourself for sleep. In the process, try not to go to sleep. This may sound contradicting to your goal, but it’s actually not. Instead of forcing yourself to sleep, learn to meditate. This will put your mind in a relaxed state. Let sleep come naturally.
4. Avoid too long naps, especially in the afternoon. Some people who sleep in the afternoon find it hard to sleep at night. It is because napping may cause irregularity in your body clock. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid very long naps and get yourself tired, so that it will be easier for you to sleep at night.
5. Maintain a normal schedule. Perhaps this may be the most important trick. Keeping a strict of sleep at night and rise in the morning regulates your body clock effectively. It can easily give you a sound sleep as your body gets accustomed to the schedule you establish.
6. Exercise regularly. A good exercise regime weekly including long walks, yoga, swimming or any other sports will help boost your energy in the morning and set your body to relax at night. Make sure to engage in a form of exercise 3-5 times a week in the morning.
7. Take a warm drink. Drinking something warm will help calm and relax your body. You can take warm milk or tea such as chamomile, jasmine or green tea. These are known to have calming effects and will help induce sleep, naturally.
Make sure to get enough sleep on a regular basis. It is during sleep when your body produce new cells while pushing the dead ones up to the outer part of your body—your skin. Having a deep, sufficient sleep can make your skin fully rejuvenated in just roughly a month.
You May Also Like
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing