Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
Aging weakens the body’s natural defence against free radicals and oxidative stress over time. These free radicals increases naturally and continuously, which can damage our cellular DNA that may eventually cause age-related diseases such as cancer, cataract, cardiovascular disease, cognitive impairment, immune dysfunction, and Alzheimer’s.
But there is one way to counter these unwanted free radicals. Found in fruits and vegetables such as carrots, apples, broccoli, berries, corn, tomatoes, to name a few, antioxidants can fight off free radical production to a minimum level, and prevent the potential diseases. It cleanses free radicals out of the bloodstream, which help prevent cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Different types of antioxidant can benefit different parts of the body. Among the list of antioxidants, probably the most well-known ones are the beta carotene and lycopene. Beta carotene is found in carrots. It helps prevent cataract. On the other hand, lycopene, which helps prevent prostate diseases, is found in tomatoes.
Aside from preventing age-related diseases, antioxidants can also help minimize wrinkles, and keep the texture of the skin smooth. They can also protect the skin from sun damage such as sun burn.
It is recommended, especially for those who are in middle age, to have a balanced diet in order to get plenty of antioxidants. Fruits and vegetables that have bright, distinctive colours such as red tomatoes, yellow corn, green broccoli, and orange carrots, are rich in antioxidants. Individuals who are concerned with their health may want to include this antioxidant-containing food in their daily diet. These skin superfoods are amazing food to keep the body healthy with high immunity.
You May Also Like
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing