This is part of the series of 8 episodes of ‘The Best Facials in Singapore’.
If your skin easily becomes red, itchy after facials, you may wow not to go for another facial. Having successfully helped our clients recover from sensitivity, we are happy to share with you our knowledge
Firstly, let’s find out what are the potential reasons for sensitive skin are and how we can help treat the skin with the most pampering and effective facial: Babor Stop-Stress Ampoule Facial.
Reasons for sensitive skin
1) Dehydrated skin from frequent traveling, drinking too much coffee/alcohol
2) Skin got thinner due to laser or acid peel treatments to get rid of pigmentation
3) Exposed to allergen in skincare or make up
4) Genetic predisposition
Best Facial Practices for sensitive skin ~ Babor Stop Stress Ampoule Facial
1) Avoid Harsh Exfoliating Agent
Harsh exfoliating agents like acid or enzyme art the main culprit for causing redness or itchiness. As sensitive skin tend to be thinner and the sensory nerves are closer to the skin surface area, it is best to use a purifying mask with simple ingredients like mild bentonite clay to gently remove the dull skin on the surface area.
2) Penetrate Babor Stop Stress Ampoule
The well-cleansed face is now the canvas for us to heal with Babor Stop Stress Ampoule. It is loaded ingredients including Wild Indigo Extract which promotes beta-endorphin which reduces redness and irritation. It also has hyaluronic acid which holds 1000 times its molecular weight in water and natural biopolymer to keep the skin moist.
It is a big no no to overstimulate the skin with physical granular scrub or massage strokes on the skin during facial massage In our Babor Stop Stress Ampoule Facial, we use a technique called the lymphatic drainage point massage which is extremely relaxing. Some of the points we work on besides the temple at the head are between and below the eyes include the nasal area and the jaw. We may not be conscious that most of the time, we might clench our jaw whilst thinking or working on the computer. It is extremely relaxing to have these points pressed on and tension released.
4) Apply calming lactic acid mask
Yes. Sensitive skin deserves to look fair and have smooth skin too. Whilst lactic acid comes from milk, it can also be very calming and helps to even out skin tone. Babor Lactic Acid calming mask is one of our favorite in cabin mask. Applied on top of Babor comfort mask mixed with Babor Stop Stress Ampoule, this calming mask gives an amazingly calming finishing to the treatment.
Yes. Even a very sensitive skin can receive a facial treatment that helps to reduce its sensitivity but also to balance water content on the skin. Together with an appropriate skincare routine at home, we are sure sensitive skin can restore its balance again.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this series of blogs from Best Facial and Spa East Coast Singapore – Angels Dream Spa.
You May Also Like
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing
- How to Have Beautiful Skin When You Live in Tropical Countries
- 7 Health Habits You Should Adopt Now
- 5 Reasons Why Juice Cleansing Is Good For Your Body
- Common Misconceptions About Carbohydrates
- A Day in the Life of Your Skin
- How To Keep Your Teeth Stain-free
- The Healing Powers Of Meditation
- Guilt-Free Recipes
- Art Therapy, How It Helps You
- Home Remedies For Tired-Look Face
- A Generous Heart Brings Out The Best In You
- Health Benefits of Drinking Tea
- Tricks to Have a Better Sleep
- Daily Routines For Healthy Glowing Skin
- Easy Exercises To Stay in Shape
- DIY Mason Jar Salads, A Stylish Way To Healthy Skin
- Celebrate Chinese New Year, Guilt-Free and Fat-Free
- Prep Your Skin For A Romantic Dinner
- Beauty Trends To Watch This Year
- Wellness Trends To Help You Be At Your Best
- Holistic Beauty For 2015