Every day, your skin battles with the harsh environment we live in. Pollutants, free radicals and UV rays make your skin dull and dry. Add to this the fact that each of us has a unique skin type. Some have sensitive skins. Others have oily and dry skin. Then there is lifestyle choices. All of these sum up and manifest on our skin.
Imagine how your skin would feel after a long day? What would it crave to have when you reach home?
Sleep will top the list. By having a deep sleep for around 8 hours every night, you can prevent your skin from sagging and developing dark spots. It can also make you skin look more attractive and revitalized. After a hard day’s work, your skin will love to get rested and relaxed.
Skin-friendly foods are a welcome treat. If you feel hungry when tired, your skin feels the same. Choose foods that are rich in omega-3 and vitamin C. These nutrients can help replenish your skin’s natural oil which protects your skin from inflammation, and provides collagen which makes your skin firm, respectively. Eating fish such as salmon and mackerel, and broccoli can give you the nutrients your skin needs. You can add fruits and vegetables that have bright and distinctive colours. They are rich in antioxidants that are healthy for your skin. Also, avoid sugary food. Glucose can bind to your skin protein which may cause wrinkles.
Drink lots of water. Your skin is like a dry land, parched and thirsty. Two litres of water a day can flush out all of your body’s impurities and toxins that can affect your skin complexion. Gulp your way to a healthy skin.
Do not clean your face more than necessary. Who wants to get scrubbed every night? Your skin needs enough natural oil to stay lubricated, especially if you have dry skin. Cleaning your face with water once a day is already enough. Too much cleaning may remove all the natural oil on your face.
Use cleansers, toning products, and moisturizers on your face regularly. Cleanser can remove dirt and impurities, toning products tighten pores which prevent bacteria from entering your skin, and moisturizers can keep your skin soft and hydrated. You may also want to add the use of exfoliating products once a week. They can remove dead skin cells and gets rid of the rough patches on your face. Nothing beats a good pampering at the end of a long day.
While most of these tips are natural, using chemical products may still be necessary. However, before you start your skin care treatment, it is advisable to identify your skin type first. Seek advice first before using any chemical solutions to ensure you are using the right ones for your skin type. So set aside every week to treat your skin to a premium service like Angels Dream Spa. Your skin deserves tender love and care. We aim to pamper you with The Best Facials in Singapore, complete with organic skincare, experienced therapist and one of a kind, yoga inspired facial massage.
Hope you’ve enjoyed our blog as part of the series from The Best Facials In The East of Singapore ~ Angels Dream Spa.
You May Also Like
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing
- How to Have Beautiful Skin When You Live in Tropical Countries
- 7 Health Habits You Should Adopt Now
- 5 Reasons Why Juice Cleansing Is Good For Your Body
- Common Misconceptions About Carbohydrates
- A Day in the Life of Your Skin
- How To Keep Your Teeth Stain-free
- The Healing Powers Of Meditation
- Guilt-Free Recipes
- Art Therapy, How It Helps You
- Home Remedies For Tired-Look Face