Vitamin A Best for Regeneration by Best Facials Singapore
Being a skincare enthusiast, it is our passion to study what the most successful dermatologists are prescribing as anti-aging and anti-pigmentation in their creams and what is that one ‘magical cream’ which they simply adjust the strength to achieve the desired results.
Vitamin A, we found out is the new rockstar in the skincare industry, next to Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid,
What is Vitamin A?
Retinoids work at a much more profound level by affecting the gene expression and causing enhance collagen production, anti-aging skin smoothening and evening out pigmentation.
Many asked if Retinol, Retinoic Acid or Retin A are all the same. First let’s get some facts right. Retinyl ester (Retinaldehyde), Retinol, Retinal and Retinoic Acid are all Vitamin A related. They are just derivatives depending at which stage of the metabolism it is at.
Whilst Retinal ester is the most stabilized form of the Retinol, it however has the lowest efficacy as it needs to be converted by enzymes to be Retinoic Acid for use by the skin.
Vitamin A metabolism:
Retinyl ester (Retinalaldehyde -> Retinol -> Retinoic Acid
For most anti-aging needs, many dermatologists suggest to use Retinol and let the natural enzymes convert it into Retinoic Acid for the use of the skin.
Retinoic Acid, whilst it is the most potent form of Vitamin A, it can cause some irritation, sensitivity, peels skin slightly (flakiness) and skin may appear red. If these symptoms appear, it is good to ensure the dosage gets moderated or to apply on alternate night only. Normally, cream for normal skin contains 0.05% of Retinoic Acid whilst sensitive skin 0.025%.
To prevent sensitivity due to Vitamin A,
1. Apply thinly the lowest concentration of Retinol on alternate nights to climatize the skin to it
2. Always rub the products between your fingers before applying on the face to ensure evenness
3. In the day, use Hyaluronic Acid to ensure skin is totally hydrated.
4. Best to use an anti-sensitive cream on alternate night to soothe the skin. On a couple of nights, also can consider using essential oil to protect the skin barrier
5. Always apply Vitamin A at night as it is photosensitive
6. Do not layer Vitamin A with Vitamin C or Hyaluronic Acid as itself is of high efficacy for cell regeneration
7. Do not exfoliate the skin with chemical peel or granular scrub. Try to use a purifying clay mask for less than 10 mins as an exfoliator.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this series of blogs from Best Facial and Spa East Coast Singapore ~ Angels Dream Spa.
You May Also Like
- Collagen best for firming skin by Best Facials Singapore
- How to reduce Dark Eye Circles? by Best Facials Singapore
- Why exfoliate? by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Mask? by Best Facials Singapore
- Do husbands need a skincare routine? by Best Facials Singapore
- Do you sun-protect your child? by Best Facials Singapore
- Vitamin A Best for Regeneration by Best Facials Singapore
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips