Clean white teeth are more than just a fashion statement. It is a reflection of your personality and your hygiene standards. We have been often told to visit our dentist at least every three months, brush our teeth after meals and change toothbrush regularly.
But in reality, our mouth and teeth need constant upkeep. The food we eat, the drinks we take and lifestyle we choose, can take its toll in our oral health.
So, these are some home remedies that help you solve some common oral health problems – using stuffs that you can see in your kitchen.
Baking Soda. Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is an alkaline, so if you have a very acidic mouth, or you eat a lot of acidic food, baking soda can help out to balance the Ph level to prevent or remove plaque and tartar, and to whiten teeth. To use this, you need baking soda, water or lemon, and toothpaste. You just need to mix the several teaspoons of baking soda to water or lemon (enough just to make a runnier paste rather than a stiff one). Put some amount of paste on your toothbrush, and apply to your teeth. If you use baking soda and lemon, leave on for one minute then rinse, but if you use baking soda and water, you can leave it on for three minutes then rinse.
Apple Cider Vinegar. It has been proven that apple cider vinegar can professionally cleanse and remove stubborn stains in your teeth, like that from nicotine and coffee. However, it is advised that you use it consistently and continuously for at least one month for best results. To use, just brush with apple cider vinegar and then rinse very well.
Lemon. Lemons are rich in vitamin C that can help remove plaques that cause the teeth to look yellow. You just need to brush or rinse your mouth with lemon then rinse.
Peppermint. An oil extract from peppermint has been proven effective for dental cavities, while the powdered peppermint leaves for fresher breath and whiter teeth. To use, just add one or two drops of peppermint extract to your toothpaste, brush as usual, then rinse very well.
Keeping our body in tiptop shape is in important. So do not take oral health for granted. It will give you more confidence to take on any activity to come your way.
You May Also Like
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing