A beautiful smile is defined by clean, white, and stainless teeth. What makes some teeth yellowish? Tooth enamel is naturally white. To some it appeared yellow, but it just pearl white. Nonetheless, the food we eat has a bearing on why our teeth turn yellow. Another reason is that some acid present in particular foods can wear away at our teeth’s natural white coating.
As the enamel is worn out by eating and drinking, the second layer of our teeth, the dentin, appears. Dentin is yellower in appearance than the enamel. That is why older people have yellow teeth because the enamel has been thinner over the years.
So which food and drinks do you need to keep an eye on?
1. Black coffee.
It is a number one teeth stainer. Our teeth are porous by nature so it absorbs food and drink. Due to its dark color, coffee is easily absorbed by our teeth.
2. Red wine.
It may be good to your heart but when you drink it, check the mirror and you will instantly see how it leaves a stain on your teeth.
Yes, it is full of antioxidants and a good anti-cancer food. But if you eat too much of these, your teeth will be stained by its dark blue skins.
Beets stain just as easy as blueberries. If you are a fan of beets, make sure to rinse your mouth as often as possible to wash out the juice and extracts.
Yellow in color, curry is notorious for making teeth yellow. But we cannot give up curry. It spices up our food and makes a lot of dishes tasty. If you cannot avoid curry altogether, make sure to swish your mouth with water after eating. Avoid brushing too often because it causes enamel to thin as well.
Do not be saddened by this. We love our coffee and wine. Blueberries are great for desserts. Beetroots make your salad colorful and sweet. And who hates curry, when it makes our dishes tasty?
There are simple tricks to avoid these things from staining your teeth.
One is to rinse off your mouth with water after taking any of these. Just drinking water will not help. You have to wash your teeth in order to ensure no particles are retained.
If you drink coffee often, brush with baking soda every night. This will bring back the shine of your teeth.
Finally, visit your dentist regularly. Professional help will ensure that your teeth are strong, healthy and beautifully white.
You May Also Like
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing
- How to Have Beautiful Skin When You Live in Tropical Countries
- 7 Health Habits You Should Adopt Now
- 5 Reasons Why Juice Cleansing Is Good For Your Body
- Common Misconceptions About Carbohydrates
- A Day in the Life of Your Skin
- How To Keep Your Teeth Stain-free
- The Healing Powers Of Meditation
- Guilt-Free Recipes
- Art Therapy, How It Helps You
- Home Remedies For Tired-Look Face
- A Generous Heart Brings Out The Best In You
- Health Benefits of Drinking Tea
- Tricks to Have a Better Sleep
- Daily Routines For Healthy Glowing Skin
- Easy Exercises To Stay in Shape
- DIY Mason Jar Salads, A Stylish Way To Healthy Skin
- Celebrate Chinese New Year, Guilt-Free and Fat-Free
- Prep Your Skin For A Romantic Dinner
- Beauty Trends To Watch This Year
- Wellness Trends To Help You Be At Your Best
- Holistic Beauty For 2015