No time for exercise? You may just be one of the many busy people who do not have the luxury to work their sweat around or hit the gym. But, don’t worry. You can actually achieve some of the physical and health benefits from formal exercise just by hitting the stride regularly. It’s something that you have been doing since you learned to lift your feet forward. It can be done by anyone anytime and anywhere. Also, it’s relatively basic and requires no further details unlike other forms of exercise.
Here are some of the health benefits you can achieve from walking:
1. Research studies have shown that walking regularly can burn calories and reduce cravings. Also, a walk after a meal can promote weight loss. Thus, it helps you lose and manage your weight.
2. Since walking regularly can help you manage weight, it prevents you from developing type 2 diabetes. Studies also show that brisk walking can improve insulin sensitivity, which controls your blood sugar to a healthy level. It works not only in lowering your diabetes risk, but also in managing the condition if you’re already diabetic.
3. Walking briskly for 30 minutes five times a week can keep your heart in shape. It reduces risks of high blood pressure and heart diseases such as stroke. Studies also show that people who have active lifestyle have lower risk of heart diseases than those who have sedentary lifestyle.
4. For women, walking regularly helps cure breast cancer. A study published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology suggests that women who walk regularly after being diagnosed with breast cancer have 45% higher chance of recuperating than those who don’t.
5. Walking also benefits your mental health. It helps you in releasing endorphins and in lowering your cortisols which uplifts your mood and lower your stress, respectively. So when you’re feeling stressed out or depressed, walk it off. The activity will give you a chance to clear your mind.
6. Not only does it improve your mental health, it also enhances the sharpness of your brain. Walking increases the blood flow in your brain, which gives you the chance to have improved memory, concentration, and problem-solving skills. People who are walking regularly also have lower risks of developing dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
7. Probably the best health benefit of walking is would be it prolongs your life. A study conducted by Harvard University suggests that walking briskly for 45 minutes a week can add 2 years to a person’s life, while 2.5 hours of walking a week can add 7 years.
Take the additional steps and see how getting great health benefits can be achieved through basic exercise. You may just find out that it’s only a walk in the park—idiomatically and literally.
You May Also Like
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing