Reduce Stress Reverse Aging by Best Facials Singapore
Why stress show on your face?
We are built to recognize danger and our subconscious system has a natural physical response pre-programmed into us to react to those critical situation.
When we enter this ‘fight or flight’ mode, we experience a surge in the hormones adrenalin, cortisol and noradrenalin that prepare us to survive a threat to our lives. Our heart rate accelerates, blood flow to our brain and muscles increase by up to 500%. Even our stomach becomes acidic, and the structure our collagen and connective tissue becomes damaged.
Although some kind of stress is good for us, too much stress will have a long term strain on our skin and body. This include acne, eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, pre-mature aging. Stress also cause many to turn to entertainment to numb their senses and rob them of sleep.
Why stress cause acne?
50% of the female population aged 20 to 40 years old have low grade persistent acne. You must be wondering why? The more stressed we are, the more insulin will be produced. Insulin stimulate hormones called androgens, which causes sebum glands to be overactive
Why stress cause aging?
We can tell if someone is stressed often by looking at their expression lines. They tend to have deeper frown lines, droopy mouth and often have their jaws clenched. When we are stressed, blood flow is reduced and less oxygen and nutrients are delivered to the skin cells. Also, with increased cortisol, sugar is released to help produce more energy for the body which breaks down the structure between collagen and elastin.
What are the top stress-busters?
* Meditate: Sitting still, breathing deeply and focus on the light between your eyebrows. Simple to do. A couple of minutes a day yield tremendous benefits to our health. Besides pacing the heart well, deep breathing also help to send enough oxygen to repair all our vital organs including our skin.
* Exercise: Use it or loose it. Endorphin aka happy hormones get produced whilst we are exercising. A fit body and sound mind is the foundation of where dreams are built.
* Socialize and laugh: Looking at the Okinawan and Sardinian way of life, where they socialize by drinking tea/dancing/singing and have fellowship with their friends, we learn a lot. Human needs a reason to wake up in the morning. Besides family members, friends are as important.
* Eat wholesome food: Before intermittent fasting, keto diet, organic food, pre-biotic/pro-biotic food became popular, we observe many cultures have demonstrated good eating habits which resulted in many centurions amongst them. The most quoted is non other than the Mediterranean diet which is uses olive oil liberally not only in their cooking but also all their body/hair care. Besides olive oil, their diet is filled with beans, seeds and nuts which are rich in Omega 3, 6 which helps in balancing hormones, brain and heart functions. Not to mention skin.
* Have meaningful work: ‘Tap dancing to work’ says Warren Buffet. Yes, it is this feeling of being in the flow which we all would like to encourage our children to discover. With medical advances and knowledge of how the body functions, life expectancy will be longer. Living up to 100 or 120 years should become even more common. If you are in your 40s, it is not too late to start thinking about how you wish to remain active in your most productive years.
You may also be interested in Healthy liver, healthy skin by Best Facials Singapore and Skin Superfoods
Hope you’ve enjoyed this series of blogs from Best Facial and Spa East Coast Singapore ~ Angels Dream Spa.
You May Also Like
- How to Get Rid of Dark Eye Circles
- What every woman should know about hyper-pigmentation
- What everyone should know about sensitive skin
- What every teenager should know about pimples
- Circuit Breaker can be good for skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Forget about Niacinamide by Best Facials Singapore
- Should oily skin use cream? by Best Facials Singapore
- Sensitive skincare by Best Facials Singapore
- Quick Fix for Dull Skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Perspective by Best Facials Singapore
- Facial yoga for lifted apple cheeks by Best Facials Singapore
- 3 Frivolous Ways To Cheer Up by Best Facials Singapore
- How To Be Happy By Yourself by Best Facials Singapore
- 5 beauty tips while working from home
- Fun ideas in the open air by Best Facials Singapore
- How to handle adult pimples at home by Best Facials Singapore
- How we kept well during SARS by Best Facials Singapore
- Can I do a good facial at home? by Best Facials Singapore
- Guinot Pigment Lightening Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Best frownlines fix by Best Facial Singapore
- Best Anti-Sensitive Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Maria Galland Anti-Acne Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Guinot Anti-Acne Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Babor Anti-Acne Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- 10 mins quick fix before landing by Best Facial Singapore
- Best Anti-Clogged Pores Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- 5 tips to keep skin hydrated in airplane by Best Facial Singapore
- What skincare to pack for holidays? by Best Facial Singapore
- Best Acne Facial by Best Facials Singapore
- Why and how to deal with Adult Acne by Best Facials Singapore
- Beauty sleep heals acne, blemishes, clogged pores
- Meditation good for acne/blemished/clogged pores
- Best care for acne-prone skin by Best Facials Singpoare
- Reduce Stress Reverse Aging by Best Facials Singapore
- Skincare ingredients you need to know by Best Facials Singapore
- Best care for acne skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Sugar is harmful to the skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Healthy liver, healthy skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Hormones and Skin health by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial and skincare for teens by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial for sensitive skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial for acne by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Maria Galland
- Total Indulgence with Maria Galland Facial Oil by Best Facials Singapore
- An avocado a day keeps the aesthetic doctor away by Best Facials Singapore
- Do you find the apple beautiful? by Best Facials Singapore
- Guinot Pure Balance Cream is 1 Cream every teenager need by Best Facials Singapore
- Facial Treatment Near Me for Sensitive Skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Why we love Maria Galland No. 5 Cream by Best Facials Singapore