Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
Did you know you can eat your way to young-looking skin? While it may not happen overnight, or right after you eat, the good effects of this anti-ageing diet will reflect on your skin gradually. Plus, you don’t only get beautiful skin, you also improve your overall health and well-being.
So, are you ready to find out which foods to eat to fight those wrinkles away?
Food nutrition expert, Lee Holmes, call these foods “supercharged” because they are packed with antioxidants, and digested easily. More so, these foods are also known to fight inflammation, thereby, providing benefits to many parts of our body.
Here are “supercharged” foods to try to slow-down the ageing process that can become evident on our skin. Read more on Skin Superfoods.
- Nuts. These contain healthy oils, fibre, vitamins, minerals, potent phytochemcials and the amino acid arginine.
- Broccoli. Rich in magnesium and vitamin C, it’s one of the most powerful immunity boosters available.
- Quinoa. This grain-like seed is a complete protein food, which means it contains all the essential amino acids your body needs to build muscle and repair itself.
- Kale. Jam-packed with essential vitamins and minerals, it also contains lutein, an important nutrient.
- Wild salmon. A great source of omega-3 fats – the ultimate anti-ageing nutrient – plus loads of vitamin D and selenium for healthy hair, skin, nails and bones.
- Onions. Contain a high level of quercetin, an antioxidant that helps strengthen damaged cells. Onions also help raise “good” cholesterol levels.
- Spinach. Bursting with health benefits, it contains many phytonutrients and antioxidants, including vitamins K, C and E, folate, iron and carotenoids.
- Sardines. High in omega-3 fatty acids, they contain almost no mercury and are loaded with minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc.
- Eggs. They contain high-quality proteins, essential minerals and every vitamin except C. How eggs can help you get healthier hair.
- Garlic. Promotes the growth of white blood cells, the body’s natural germ fighters. Both fresh and dried garlic have been shown to lower harmful LDL cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- 5 Reasons Why Juice Cleansing Is Good For Your Body
The next time you go for food shopping, make sure to fill your bags with these anti-ageing foods and include them in your daily diet plan.
Hope you’ve enjoyed our blog as part of the series from The Best Facials In The East of Singapore ~ Angels Dream Spa.
You May Also Like
- Vitamin C best for Pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore
- “No BOTOX, what skincare then?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Why Toner? by Best Facials Singapore
- Hyaluronic Acid best for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor HSR Lift Face Line Mask
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Liftosome
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Grand Cru Rose Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Guinot Hydradermie
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Lifting Silver Foil Face Mask
- Beautiful with Brains by Best Facials Singapore
- What is missing in your skincare routine by Best Facials Singapore
- Reasons for Pimples by Best Facials Singapore
- “How to prevent pigmentation?” by Best Facials Singapore
- Lasting Beauty by Best Facials Singapore
- Why are we Home to the Best Facials in Singapore?
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor C Booster
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Serum
- The Best Facials in Singapore To Reduce Tan
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Purifying Ampoule
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor Stop Stress
- Look Great at 40 with Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials in Singapore with Guinot
- Best Facials in Singapore for Dehydrated skin
- Best Facials Singapore with Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore using Babor
- The Best Facials in Singapore for congested skin
- The Best Facials In Singapore with Positive Healing Energy
- The Best Facials In Singapore for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Facials in Singapore
- Skin Care Tips For Post-Laser Treatment
- Blemish-Free Skin Is Just A Spa Away
- Food Tips 101: Anti-Ageing Diet
- Interesting Activities To Stay Positive
- Have A Good Hair Day, Everyday!
- Aromatherapy Tips: 5 Essential Oils Must-Haves
- Hand Care Tips To Live By
- Homemade Makeup Remover, Made Easy
- Breakfast Energizers To Keep Your Skin Radiant
- Skin Superfoods
- Hatha Yoga for Better Posture
- How Eggs Can Help You Get Healthier Hair
- Walk Your Way To Better Health
- Boost Your Confidence With These Oral Hygiene Tips
- Coconut Oil: Alternative Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Make Your Lunch Break More Relaxing and Productive
- Benefits of Antioxidants in the Body
- Quick Fix To Avoid Dry Skin
- Organic Make-Up, Why Is It Beneficial?
- Five Things You Should Not Do To Your Skin
- 6 Health and Fitness Myths You Should Stop Believing