Skincare ingredients you need to know by Best Facials Singapore
Deciphering the ingredients of beauty products can be very confusing. Let us make easier for your reference.
Antioxidants: It is one of the most effective ingredient to help combat free-radical damage, which is responsible for signs of premature aging, but it also prevent and reverse sun damage. Some of the most effective topical antioxidants to be vitamins A, C and E.
* Vitamin C: This is superfood for the skin. It helps to boosts collagen production and skin plumpness, staves off UV damage, promotes skin healing and helps to achieve a brighter and more even-t0ned complexion.
* Vitamin E: An amazing all-rounder skincare product as it helps to retain moisture (hence helping dehydrated skin which is 90% of skin concern), reduce sensitivity and has anti-inflammatory (wound healer).
* Vitamin A: It is most famous one of the best ingredient to promote skin regeneration. Hence, it is one of the gold standard for anti-aging ingredient. As a mega-antioxidant, it helps to protect skin from free radical, increase collagen production and cell turnover. Suggest to use at night only.
It is also well known to fight pimples and acnes, reduce pore size and make pigmentation fade. Caution: do not use when pregnant.
It is not an acid. It is sugar molecule. Scientifically, it is referred to as polysaccharide which is also found in our bodies. 50% of it within our skin and its highest concentration is inside the eyes and joints. It holds moisture 1000 times its weight and hence referred to as a super-emolient. It is highest in baby skin and starts to reduce especially after 40. A highly recommended ingredient to incorporate especially in the form of serum. Yield immediate results with no side effects.
Arbutin is a gylcoside, a glycosylated hydroquinone extracted from bearberry. blueberry and cranberry plant. It helps to inhibit tyrosinase and prevent the formation of melanin. This is especially useful to prevent hormonal pigmentation or the well known melasma. As it is not light sensitive, it can be used day and night. 2% Alpha-arbutin is a popular choice for brightening and lightening. Usually mixed with Hyaluronic Acid and occasionally with Vitamin C.
AHA (Alpha-hydroxy acids)
Naturally occurring acids which helps to speed up skin turnover. It is indeed very important to exfoliate well as it loosens the cement between the cells and allow the skin to absorb active ingredients for healing.
Example of AHA include Lactic Acid: sour milk- offers good hydration. Lactic acid is the biggest molecule which reduces its absorption and less irritating whilst it help to exfoliate the skin from deeper area.
Other AHA ingredients include Glycolic Acid (a sugar, smallest molecule and may cause irritation), Mandelic Acid (bitter almond with antibacterial properties), Citric Acid (lemon with brightening effect), Azelaic Acid (made from apples good for pimples) and Kojic Acid (from mushrooms good for pigments). Caution: Sun protection is important.
BHA (Beta-hydroxy acids)
BHAs are good acne and pimple prone skin. It’s most common form is salicylic acid, a man-made ingredient made from aspirin which is both anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. Whilst AHA is hydrating, BHA can be drying.
Peptide is a collagen booster that stimulate the skin’s stem cells. When collagen breaks down, it releases peptides. By applying topical peptide, it tells the skin to make new collagen. Copper peptide is a good example of peptide as it helps to increase collagen production and has natural moisturizing components to keep skin firmer and hydrated.
You may also be interested in Face Oil helps to prevent pigmentation by Best Facials Singapore and Skin Superfoods
Hope you’ve enjoyed this series of blogs from Best Facial and Spa East Coast Singapore ~ Angels Dream Spa.
You May Also Like
- How to Get Rid of Dark Eye Circles
- What every woman should know about hyper-pigmentation
- What everyone should know about sensitive skin
- What every teenager should know about pimples
- Circuit Breaker can be good for skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Forget about Niacinamide by Best Facials Singapore
- Should oily skin use cream? by Best Facials Singapore
- Sensitive skincare by Best Facials Singapore
- Quick Fix for Dull Skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Perspective by Best Facials Singapore
- Facial yoga for lifted apple cheeks by Best Facials Singapore
- 3 Frivolous Ways To Cheer Up by Best Facials Singapore
- How To Be Happy By Yourself by Best Facials Singapore
- 5 beauty tips while working from home
- Fun ideas in the open air by Best Facials Singapore
- How to handle adult pimples at home by Best Facials Singapore
- How we kept well during SARS by Best Facials Singapore
- Can I do a good facial at home? by Best Facials Singapore
- Guinot Pigment Lightening Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Best frownlines fix by Best Facial Singapore
- Best Anti-Sensitive Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Maria Galland Anti-Acne Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Guinot Anti-Acne Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- Babor Anti-Acne Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- 10 mins quick fix before landing by Best Facial Singapore
- Best Anti-Clogged Pores Facial by Best Facial Singapore
- 5 tips to keep skin hydrated in airplane by Best Facial Singapore
- What skincare to pack for holidays? by Best Facial Singapore
- Best Acne Facial by Best Facials Singapore
- Why and how to deal with Adult Acne by Best Facials Singapore
- Beauty sleep heals acne, blemishes, clogged pores
- Meditation good for acne/blemished/clogged pores
- Best care for acne-prone skin by Best Facials Singpoare
- Reduce Stress Reverse Aging by Best Facials Singapore
- Skincare ingredients you need to know by Best Facials Singapore
- Best care for acne skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Sugar is harmful to the skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Healthy liver, healthy skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Hormones and Skin health by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial and skincare for teens by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial for sensitive skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial for dehydrated skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Best facial for acne by Best Facials Singapore
- Best Facials Singapore with Maria Galland
- Total Indulgence with Maria Galland Facial Oil by Best Facials Singapore
- An avocado a day keeps the aesthetic doctor away by Best Facials Singapore
- Do you find the apple beautiful? by Best Facials Singapore
- Guinot Pure Balance Cream is 1 Cream every teenager need by Best Facials Singapore
- Facial Treatment Near Me for Sensitive Skin by Best Facials Singapore
- Why we love Maria Galland No. 5 Cream by Best Facials Singapore